Monday, September 3, 2012

Labour Day in Canada

Monday, Sept 3.

Today is Labour Day.  Or perhaps a better name would be "No Labour" Day?  Nobody is working today, including the shipping company that has my bike.  The only good thing about not having my bike yet is that I have more time to recuperate before I start the drive home.  I can't drive long periods of time like normal.  It's probably going to take me a bit longer to get back than normal.  

The strong pain meds are gone.  All I have now are the OTC ones.  Aleve.  It doesn't work nearly as well.  My broken bones ache and the muscles that are having to work overtime are screaming too.  It wakes me up in the middle of the night and it's hard to get comfortable enough to fall back asleep.

On the good side, my hosts are absolutely THE BEST. I have a comfy bunkhouse all to myself and they're watching over me.  We go for walks and hang out.  I've been watching movies I haven't seen before.  They have an awesome dog to play with (Clayton) and their cat Bunny has adopted me.  She stays with me practically all the time.  

It's absolutely gorgeous up here.  Of course I haven't seen it in the winter snow.  But this is the kind of place I dream of for when I retire.  

Oh!  One of the things I've wanted to do FOREVER is to see the Bay of Fundy.  I was able to do that.  It's not far from here.  One day we went down and watched the tide drop.  It's not the big wall of water that most places make it out to be.  But it does rise and fall fast.  And the currents look treacherous.  I'm glad I got the chance to see it.  It's pretty darn cool.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the bike will show up tomorrow although I serious doubt it.  That would be too optimistic.  But I think I'll load all the stuff I'm not using up into the truck just in case.  That'll be that much less to do later.



   

No comments:

Post a Comment