Thursday, August 8, 2013

Good day of travel

I had a good day today.  The drive was good.  I was going a bit under the speed limit (which was 75 mph - a bit too fast hauling the trailer) so I hardly had to worry about passing people.  Pretty much only passed the big trucks.  Stopped for lunch with my friend Larry.  Sure was great to see him!  It's been a couple of years.

I had some trouble with my gps today.  It went whacko.  It stopped displaying directions.  




Then it stopped displaying the map.  




Then it would freeze up.  Good grief!  I did several master resets.  Ended up having to stop to call Garmin.  They said to run the last update on it.  My routes still don't work but I was able to tell it to go to a waypoint.  At least that should get me there tomorrow.  I'll fiddle with it more later. 

It got up to 104 this afternoon.  Damn hot I tells ya!  Now it's somewhere in the 60s.  That's gonna be some good sleeping temps!

I have a few hours left to go tomorrow.  Should be an easy day of driving.  Hopefully the weather will be good too. 

The fun starts tomorrow...

















No comments:

Post a Comment