Monday, August 10, 2015

Crossed into Canuckistan.


August 10, 2015


Ride was good today.  Weather is perfect. It couldn't be any better. It was a long day though. 9 hours of riding. My back is really bothering me. I think I need to take another Aleve.

I couldn't get my phone to send music to my helmet. My little Bluetooth thing for my Sansa player was acting weird and it wouldn't play from the Sansa. So today was a music-less day.

I got a lot of "Good for you"s and "I'm so jealous! "s from people. This one lady said she used to ride but can't anymore. She said she started riding in the 60s when very few women rode. I said I started in 1970 and she said "so you know exactly what I'm talking about. " She said "I wish I would have met you yesterday; I would have given you a place to stay". We chatted about stuff for a bit. She was really cool. People are genuinely interested in what I'm doing and amazed and one said "inspired" by what I'm doing. It's cool but weird too because this is just normal for me. But the people I've met are the coolest. I'm a total stranger and they just want to help me out and hang out and talk. This lady I was talking about - she said if I need rescue while I'm up here to call her. She'll come get me. Now THAT'S cool stuff right there. (Thanks Linda! You are awesome! )

Random pics...









Tide is low.  Tributary that goes into the Bay of Fundy.





Tilting windmills?




No comments:

Post a Comment